The Loran Scholars Foundation
Students who are dedicated to serving others, show promise of leadership and have integrity, courage, compassion, grit and a high level of personal autonomy are encouraged to apply. Applicants are eligible for one of 34 Loran Awards (each valued at $100,000 over four years of undergraduate studies), or one of 104 finalist/provincial awards ($5,000 or $2,000 each, respectively) to promising candidates.
- Be in your final year of uninterrupted full-time studies in high school.
- Present a minimum cumulative average of 85%.
- Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Be at least 16 years of age by September 1st of the following year.
Renewable for up to four years, with a total value of $100,000, each Loran Award includes:
- An annual stipend of $10,000
- A matching tuition waiver from one of 25 partner universities
- Personal mentorship from a Canadian leader
- Access to our network and up to $10,000 in funding for summer work experiences in three different sectors
- An orientation expedition through Algonquin Park
- Annual retreats and scholar gatherings
If you wish to become one of Belmont’s three sponsored applicants, please use the nomination form below. This application for sponsorship is due by Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 to Ms. Hoskins (email@example.com). We will select our three sponsored applicants and notify them by Friday, October 2. Sponsored applicants will then need to submit completed applications to directly to the Loran Foundation by October 15.
Students not selected for sponsored application are welcome to apply as direct pool applicants by October 22.
For more information and to start the rigorous application process now - Click Here and Click Here
Deadline for nomination for sponsorship: September 30th, 2020 (Formal Application due - October 15 for nominees and October 22 for direct pool applicants)
For the Belmont nomination form - Click Here
UBC French as a Second Language Bursary
The University of British Columbia is offering a Bursary for students attending September 2021 pursuing French as a Second Language. Perfect for French Immersion students pursuing further language studies.
Deadline: September 30th, 2021
To Apply - Click Here
RE/MAX 2019 Quest for Excellence
The Quest for Excellence program is a bursary program for grade 12 students in Western Canada. It was established by RE/MAX of Western Canada to recognize the success and ongoing pursuits of Western Canadian students in regards to leadership and community contribution initiatives. Students are to convey the contributions they have made to their communities in a short online essay, maximum 1,250 words. Key qualities students should demonstrate are leadership, motivation and communication skills. Other attributes may include volunteering, participation in charitable events or fundraising, and contributions that enrich the lives of others and their communities. ONLY ONLINE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED!
Program Opens: September 14th 2020 - NOW (Deadline March 15th 2021)
To Apply - Click Here
For More Information - Click Here
Principals and Vice-Principals Association Scholarships
(Note: You cannot apply for this scholarship until NEXT September - after graduation. Keep it on your radar, as it is often forgotten about...)
Scholarships, in the amount of $1000 each, are awarded annually to students who are graduating from the BC public school system and proceeding to a post-secondary institution.
- Up to 10 scholarships are reserved for the sons and daughters of BCPVPA members.
- Up to 10 scholarships are reserved to other graduating students.
- Up to 2 scholarships will be awarded to Aboriginal students.
- Proof of paid registration at a post-secondary institution (a copy of tuition fee receipt or letter from the Office of the Registrar) Note: A letter of acceptance is not considered proof of registration.
- A copy of the Ministry of Education’s official transcript of final grades. This document will be issued to you in August (after you graduate) from the Ministry of Education, and stamped and signed by a school official.
- A short essay, up to 250 words, indicating leadership roles held in your school and community and your post-secondary aspirations.
- A letter of reference from your principal or vice-principal who is a member of the BCPVPA (children of BCPVPA members must submit a letter from a principal or vice-principal who is not a parent or guardian).
- One additional letter of reference.
BC Retired Principals’ and Vice-Principals’ Association (BCRPVPA) Awards
Up to seven $1000 bursaries/scholarships are awarded to students who are continuing their education at an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada. (Those planning a “gap year” should apply in the first year in which they register in a post-secondary program.) Students who are pursuing education in trades, technical, and career fields, as well as those entering universities and colleges, are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be judged on their academic achievements and demonstrated leadership and service activities both within the school and community. Financial need will also be considered.
Note: You cannot apply for this scholarship until NEXT September - after you graduate from Belmont. Keep it on your radar, as it is often forgotten about.
Deadline: September 30, 2021
To Apply - Click Here
Cal Callahan Memorial Bursary (The Pipe Line Contractors Association of Canada)
The Pipe Line Contractors Association of Canada allocates awards a $10,000 scholarship in the fall of each year to a son or daughter of parents or guardians who derive their principal income from pipeline construction.
Applications open on September 1, 2021 (Apply after Graduation)
Deadline is September 30th in the applicant's first year of enrollment To Apply - Click Here
Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore
The Westshore Soroptimist International Club will provide three Live Your Dream: Education and Training Awards for Women of $1500 each to assist women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families. In addition, the Give Her Wings Award of $1500 will be available for a woman with no dependents.
Deadline: Applications Accepted July 1 - December 31, 2020
For Information or to Apply for "Give her Wings Award"- Click Here
For Information or to Apply for "Live Your Dreams Award" - Click Here
TD Scholarships for Community Leadership (***Students are encouraged to start this application early to ensure it is thoroughly completed by the due date.)
Twenty scholarships, valued up to $70,000 each, are offered to students across Canada who are in their final year of high school, have a minimum overall grade of 75% in their most recently completed school year, and have demonstrated outstanding community leadership. Applicants are students who show exceptional initiative, make a meaningful and lasting difference in their community, support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better place.
Deadline: November 13th To apply - Click Here