The Loran Scholars Foundation
Students who are dedicated to serving others, show promise of leadership and have integrity, courage, compassion, grit and a high level of personal autonomy are encouraged to apply. Applicants are eligible for one of 34 Loran Awards (each valued at $100,000 over four years of undergraduate studies), or one of 104 finalist/provincial awards ($5,000 or $2,000 each, respectively) to promising candidates.
Please view the eligibility criteria and the awards before beginning your application as it involves a detailed application process requiring letters of reference and several written responses.
If you wish to become one of Belmont’s three sponsored applicants, please contact Mrs. Davis in B205 or email@example.com for an application form. This application for sponsorship is due before Wednesday, October 3. We will select our three sponsored applicants and notify them by October 5. Sponsored applicants will then need to submit completed applications to www.loranscholar.ca by October 17. Students not selected for sponsored application are welcome to apply as direct pool applicants by October 24.
For more information and to start the rigorous application process now - Click Here and Click Here
RE/MAX 2019 Quest for Excellence
The Quest for Excellence program is a bursary program for grade 12 students in Western Canada. It was established by RE/MAX of Western Canada to recognize the success and ongoing pursuits of Western Canadian students in regards to leadership and community contribution initiatives. Students are to convey the contributions they have made to their communities in a short online essay, maximum 1,250 words. Key qualities students should demonstrate are leadership, motivation and communication skills. Other attributes may include volunteering, participation in charitable events or fundraising, and contributions that enrich the lives of others and their communities.
Program Opens: September 10th (Deadline March 11, 2019) To Apply - Click Here
Principals and Vice-Principals Association Scholarships
(Note: You cannot apply for this scholarship until NEXT September - after graduation. Keep it on your radar, as it is often forgotten about...)
Scholarships, in the amount of $1000 each, are awarded annually to students who are graduating from the BC public school system and proceeding to a post-secondary institution.
- Up to 10 scholarships are reserved for the sons and daughters of BCPVPA members.
- Up to 10 scholarships are reserved to other graduating students.
- Up to 2 scholarships will be awarded to Aboriginal students.
- Proof of paid registration at a post-secondary institution (a copy of tuition fee receipt or letter from the Office of the Registrar) Note: A letter of acceptance is not considered proof of registration.
- A copy of the Ministry of Education’s official transcript of final grades. This document will be issued to you in August (after you graduate) from the Ministry of Education, and stamped and signed by a school official.
- A short essay, up to 250 words, indicating leadership roles held in your school and community and your post-secondary aspirations.
- A letter of reference from your principal or vice-principal who is a member of the BCPVPA (children of BCPVPA members must submit a letter from a principal or vice-principal who is not a parent or guardian).
- One additional letter of reference.
Cal Callahan Memorial Bursary (The Pipe Line Contractors Association of Canada)
The Pipe Line Contractors Association of Canada allocates awards a $10,000 scholarship in the fall of each year to a son or daughter of parents or guardians who derive their principal income from pipeline construction.
Applications open on September 1, 2018 (Apply after Graduation) Click Here